Tuesday, May 10, 2016

20 Time Individual Reflection

During this 20 time project, I learned a lot about time management and giving my time to something that interests me outside of school. I challenged myself by doing things outside my comfort zone such as picking up a musical instrument, the ukulele, and talking to new people. My initial focus was actually to learn something about how the arts could improve people's lives inside and outside of school by helping develop certain ways of thinking as well as keeping a healthy mental state. However, after working on this project, I also saw some self improvement in that I learned how to set aside time from what I normally do to pursue this project and challenge myself. While working with Michael, I planned to not only do research on my topic, but also use myself as a test subject and experience how the inclusion of the arts affected my life. Our project was successful in that we learned what we wanted to learn and we achieved our goals of immersing ourselves in the arts. Our goals were not meant to be too over the top, but more about learning through experiences and reporting on them. I learned a lot about my own way of learning new skills as well as developed a new outlook on how I value music as well as the arts in everyday life. I plan on continuing on playing the ukulele as well as trying other artistic activities such as drawing and writing over the summer because of the significant impact I saw while working on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment